It’s been a good while since I wrote about what I’m up to, although as usual that generally means I’m not doing much on the writing front. However, ‘not much’ is not the same as ‘nothing’. I actually have been making progress on two fronts:
After sitting in the electronic drawer, almost finished but waiting a final edit, I’ve finally pulled out the beta comments for “Worlds Apart” and am going through the final draft. So far, I’m not seeing anything that requires major rewriting, so I think there’s a good chance that I can finally release the book in October. So, stay tuned.
While working on edits to “Worlds Apart” I’m also tweaking the first draft of “Good Dawg”, which I thought I had completed more than a month ago. Unusually, for me, rewrites and elaborations of several scenes keep popping into my head, so I’ve been tweaking the story here and there.
I’ve also made a stab at the cover, as shown to the right. As usual, it’s a bit of a compromise between what I wanted and what artwork I could find, but it’s a start.
With all the tweaks, as well as the need to edit the whole thing, it will probably be early next year before I can consider releasing “Good Dawg”.